Monday, June 16, 2008

What the...?

Insanity abounds in the news recently (as opposed to the rest of the time?), so I've decided to post links to my favorites articles about people that just make me scratch my head.

1. Disenfranchised Clinton supporters saying they'll support McCain. You're upset that a woman isn't going to be president, so you'll vote for
this guy? Really? I find that unlikely. I like this Op-Ed because while it does reference the women who have been in the media expressing the above mentioned view, it also illustrates the stereotype of who Clinton supporters are (suburban white women) and the political/media exploitation of this stereotype.

2. Psychiatrist accused of plagarism, many times over. If there is ONE thing you learn in college, it is not to plagarize. It seemed that every professor I had the first few years, and even in to grad school, vocalized this. A
psychiatrist has many years of college, but for some it just doesn't soak in.

3. Investment Banker vs. Stockbroker: Spinning Class showdown. Enough with the pissing contest! Now we are allowing New Yorkers to assault people they find annoying? I wonder how the verdict would have turned out had the assailant been a person of color?

4. AC/DC selling their lastest CD only at Walmart. Yeah, the two go hand-in-hand. Okay, I get the whole revolution of record sales and radio play counting for nothing these days. But AC/DC - Walmart? Really? They couldn't get a song played in a tv ad somewhere?

No comments: